In this article, we’ll discuss everything about unlocking the bootloader of HTC Butterfly step by step. By unlocking the HTC Butterfly bootloader you can do a lot of things like, install custom ROM, recover files, and root your device.
In short unlocking, the bootloader is the first step that you need to do in order to customize your android device. Without unlocking the bootloader you can’t do anything mentioned above.
The unlocking process of the bootloader is a really easy process if you are already familiar with the custom world. but if you are new is ROMs, root world then we’re sure that it’ll fly away from your mind.
Say your device is rooted and you have the bootloader unlocked but now you have an issue that requires a firmware update from the manufacturer. Updates can only be applied to devices that are unlocked.
But, what are the benefits of unlocking your device’s bootloader? This article will discuss how it’s possible to save time and money by not having to wait for carrier approval, getting access to features like overlays, custom ROMs, and more without needing root rights.
But before going to the next step we want to educate you about the pros and cons of the bootloader.
What is Bootloader?A bootloader is a small piece of software that helps your phone startup. It’s responsible for loading the operating system (OS) and other programs into memory, and it usually protects your phone against unauthorized changes. Some phones come with bootloaders that are unlocked, which means you can use different OSes or ROMs on your phone. unlocking a bootloader can sometimes be necessary if you want to install a new OS or firmware.
Benefits of Unlocking BootloaderUnlocking the bootloader gives you multiple benefits. As mentioned below –
- You can install TWRP recovery on HTC Butterfly.
- You can easily Root HTC Butterfly easily.
- Install custom ROM on HTC Butterfly device
- Easy to install a third-party application without system permission.
Demerits of Unlocking BootloaderWith pros unlocking the bootloader contains a number of demerits. Which should not be neglected. First, You lose the device security. Which is one of the main points why people don’t want to unlock the bootloader. Secondly, your device may show false behavior like lagging, closing apps automatically without permission, and more. Last but not least you can’t use a bank or finance-related applications.
Guide To Unlock HTC Butterfly BootloaderFollow the exact step-by-step process to unlock the device bootloader properly.
Vital StepsThis process doesn’t require lots of work before unlocking. You have to prepare your device by enabling the Developer option and OEM unlocking.
- Enable USB Debugging
- Unlock OEM
Steps To Unlock Bootloader
- First, download the depth test application.
- Next, open the app and tap on Query Application Status Request submission
- Now wait for a few minutes and then click on the back button
- Open the Query Application Status
- After that, it’ll show Review successful shows on your screen. Then click on start in-depth test
- Your device will automatically enter into the fastboot mode after this process.
- Next, connect your HTC Butterfly device with a PC/Laptop
- For this, you need to download and install fast boot into your PC/Laptop
- After installing fastboot move the folder named “platform-tools” to the desktop
- Next, open the platform-tools folder and then Right click + Shift
- After that select the open command window here
- Type “fastboot flashing unlock” in cmd window
- Finally, press the volume button (UP & DOWN) to unlock the HTC Butterfly bootloader.